What is Calendula Liquid Extract?
Calendula Liquid Extract is a liquid extract taken from the calendula plant. A common plant in Australia, calendula has been used in herbal medicine for centuries. With wound healing abilities and moisturising properties, calendula is a common ingredient in skin care products and can be used to soothe and heal irritated and dry skin. Liquid extracts lend themselves to water-based products.
What are the benefits of Calendula Liquid Extract for skincare products?
The benefits of Calendula Liquid Extract for skincare include:
- Antiseptic properties, making it adept at wound healing
- Anti-inflammatory properties, making it good for inflammatory skin conditions
- Moisturising, making it an ideal ingredient in products suited to dry and flaky skin
- Stimulates collagen production, helping to firm skin and improve elasticity
Is calendula good for all skin types?
Calendula can be used in a range of skincare products but it may be best suited to products that are designed for dry and irritated skin. As a good moisturiser, calendula extract can help skin cells hang onto moisture due to its fatty acid content. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce redness and irritation caused by inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Is calendula good for dark spots?
Calendula is thought to be a good treatment for dark spots, along with blemishes, acne, and acne scars. It would be a good choice for an ingredient in skincare products aimed at targeting these skin conditions.
What products can Calendula Liquid Extract be used in?
Calendula Liquid Extract is a good choice as an ingredient in a whole range of personal care products. These products include:
- Skincare products designed for treating dry and flaky skin
- Skincare products used to treat acne, dark spots, and acne scars
- Wound healing products
- Products designed for improving the skin's elasticity
What are the ingredients?
INCI: Calendula officinalis
Ingredients: Glycerine, Purified Water, Calendula Flower Extract
Format: Glycerine Based Liquid Extract
Discuss whether we have this in stock or other extracts, essential oils and fragrances for Private Label Skin Care or Private Label Hair Care Products: Book a call here.
**Only available for purchase with private label products.**