Our sole interest lies in your skin and hair care products, a place where our clients skin and hair care ideas can come to life.
Our clients think of us as their private, full featured, research and development laboratory, providing solutions to all their technical needs so they can focus on what they do best, selling products! If you’re looking to create a great new skincare product, improve an existing one, assess the safety and stability of a product, or looking for an opinion or advice on anything related to skin or hair care we’re here to help!
Our team have been research, development and quality managers with over 15 years of experience working in the personal care, cosmetics, sun protection and pharmaceutical industries.
They have degrees in chemistry and diplomas in safety science and formulation science. As well as Environmental Management Systems ISO 14001:2015, Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:2015, Occupational Health & Safety ISO 45001:2018.
And we are constantly looking for ways to improve the way in which Australian Private Label operates and improving the customer experience.
Our Process For Formulation Development:
Formulation and development of the following products:
Including the following tasks:
- Review Development Brief and benchmark.
- Identify suitable ingredients in-line with development brief/benchmarks.
- Draft proposed/indicative formulation, including importing new ingredients into register
- Source/purchase raw ingredients from supplier/s.
- Experiment with formulation
- *Prepare samples for submission, including manufacture of bulk, packing and postage
- Prepare and submit product information form, including features and benefits, ingredient list and indicative specification.
- Prepare and submit formulation and process documents, including reference to raw material suppliers upon approval of formulation.
Excludes the following:
- Stability Testing
- Preservative Efficacy Testing (PET)
- Claim substantiation and other related tests
*inclusive of three (3) iterations, additional samples required to achieve final approved formulation may incur additional charge
[OPTIONAL & RECOMMENDED] Preservative Efficacy Testing (per product), including:
- Preparation of bulk for testing
- Packing of bulk into sterilised containers
- Completion of required documentation and submission to third party laboratory
- Consolidating results and reporting
[OPTIONAL & RECOMMENDED] Accelerated Stability & Compatibility Testing - 9M @ 40degC, equivalent to 36M real time (per product), including:
- Preparation of bulk for testing.
- Filling into packaging.
- Appearance, colour, odour
- pH, SG, viscosity
- % Solids (initial)
- Freeze-thaw cycling (5)
- Initial micro testing (excludes PET)
- Leak testing
- Weight loss testing (upright and inverted)
- Pumps to prime (initial)
- Dosage mechanism testing, including weight/stroke (where relevant)
- North Facing Window
- Packaging appearance
- Trending graphs
- 3M preliminary report and 9M final report
Excludes the following:
- Raw material purchasing expenses that may be required to prepare bulk
- Packaging material.
- Other chemical tests that may be required and not directly stipulated in the above.