Purpose: Toxicological Risk Assessment Test (TRA) evaluates the toxicity of the individual chemical ingredients of the formulation used to manufacture the product:
Each ingredient is assessed for its hazard or "inherent" toxicity such as acute toxicity, skin/eye irritancy, potential for skin sensitization, reproductive, genotoxic, or carcinogenic activity, in relation to the potential for consumer exposure to the chemical.
Potential for synergistic or unpredictable adverse effects from the combination of ingredients in the formulation.
1. Characteristics of the product such as physical form and size/volume
2. Accessibility (e.g. liquid components)
3. Intended use
4. Consideration of potential for misuse of the product
5. Packaging compliance guidance and advice on mandatory label requirements
Lead time of testing is around 2 weeks
1. Ingredient List with CAS No. and composition % ( formulation)
2. IFRA certificate, MSDS and 26 allergenic report of fragrance (if presence)
3. MSDS of raw materials
4. Actual Product or Artwork Label (if possible)