How Do Private Labels Manage Skincare Packaging?
So, how do private labels manage skincare packaging?
Keep reading as we discuss the main methods and processes involved in cosmetic packaging with a private label manufacturing company.
What Is Private Label Skincare?
Private-label skincare is an alternative to selling skincare products as a third party. If you sell skincare as a third party, you have no right to exclusivity or confidentiality with your supplier. The manufacturer or supplier can provide the products to another third-party seller. Competing with another business isn't ideal - you need to look at your supply chain costs to provide a better price, and you may only be able to compete with deteriorating profit margins.
Instead of risking selling an identical product that might not perform well, you can opt to sell products provided by a private-label skincare manufacturer. Your private label manufacturer will have extensive experience in product development, formulation, and marketing. They will be able to help you create your products to sell in your online store. You can tell them your ideas and product vision, and they will provide you with prototypes.
You could always start your own skincare manufacturing business, but you need to gain the knowledge or experience to develop safe and relevant products. Outsourcing this expertise can save you a lot of time, and you will end up with unique and highly marketable products.
Skincare Packaging - Why It Matters
The packaging you choose for your skincare products can make or break it. If you choose the wrong packaging, this could compromise your product or contaminate it. Selecting the proper packaging will ensure that your product remains suitable for use when it reaches the customer and that customers can use it quickly and store it safely.
There are a few different considerations for your skincare packaging - you must consider the material used to package the product, along with the shape and design of the container. You must also think about how your product will look, for example, the color of the packaging, style, and branding.
Materials For Skincare Packaging
Here are some popular packaging materials that private labels know about and can use to package your products correctly:
- Glass - glass packaging is hugely popular in the skincare industry, as it has a sophisticated look and can keep your products cool for a refreshing application. If you choose glass for your products, you don't need to worry about acidic elements in the products eroding the packaging.
- Plastic - plastic is typically used to create dispensers and lids for products. When used to make bottles or tubes, plastic can be highly durable. Color and design your branding. In some cases, plastic is not resistant to acidic product elements and erodes over time.
- Metal-metal or aluminum tubes make excellent containers for skin care creams and ointments. Metal is also one of the most recyclable materials. However, if you use metal tubes for packaging, remember that metal tubes can rip, and some of the product may leak.
- Sachets - if you wish to sell samples or miniature versions of your products for customers to try, you can always use foil sachets for your products.
Skincare Packaging Types
The shape of your packaging impacts how usable it is, how portable it is, and whether your customer can keep the product safe and uncontaminated throughout its life.
Here are some of the skincare packaging types to consider:
- Glass or metal jars - if you want to make your cream, balm, or ointment more accessible to your customers, you can use a screwtop pot for the packaging. If your customer screws the lid tightly after each use, they can easily prevent the product from becoming contaminated or dry. This option is unsuitable for products that activate when exposed to air, as it will ruin the integrity of the product. Also, if you want your product to be portable for travel and daily use, you may opt for packaging with a less rigid shape.
- Plastic and aluminum tubes are a portable alternative to jars, making them more suitable for hand and lip creams and balms, which your clients and customers will need to carry around with them all day. Plastic is less likely to rip and leak than aluminum, which makes it the more suitable choice for some tubes.
- Bottles - you can create metal, plastic, or glass bottles for your products. And you can attach an applicator. Bottles are the most suitable choice for products you cannot expose to the air. You can choose bottle applicators that do not allow air to enter the bottles, preserving your products from contact with contaminants and air.
Why Choose A Private Label For Cosmetic Packaging Manufacturing?
As you can see, there's much to consider regarding your product's packaging. Let's discuss some of the main reasons you might be better off choosing a private-label manufacturer to manage your packaging. Here's what a private label manufacturer does when they package your products.
Selecting The Materials
If your private label is packaging your products, they will need intimate knowledge of the ingredients in your product's formula. This will allow them to choose the most suitable packaging to preserve your product until it reaches the customer.
Designing The Packaging
Once your private label manufacturer has determined which materials and applicators to use for your products, they can begin to design the packaging in line with your brand. They will likely provide you with several prototypes so you can choose the one with the essential features of your brand. If you don't like their prototypes, they will present you with more similar ideas.
Boxing The Products
In addition to creating a bottle or jar for your product, you may place your product in a box to preserve the bottle until it reaches the customers. Your private label will help you to design the boxes for your products.
In addition to finding the best design for your product's packaging, your private label manufacturer can perform market analysis to see what makes similar ideas popular and the packaging they have used to display their similar selling point.
Suppose your private label does not manufacture the packaging itself. In that case, they will have contacts in the industry to help them find the best cosmetic packaging suppliers with the most experience - so your products are of the highest quality.
To start your own skincare business, you need to know about packaging. If you want to refrain from undertaking extensive skincare packaging research yourself, you can always outsource this knowledge by outsourcing your product development to a private-label manufacturing company. They will be able to develop your product from start to finish in line with your brand and vision.
Here are some of the questions people often ask about private-label skincare packaging.
Why Is Skincare Packaging Important?
Skincare packaging is crucial as your cosmetic packaging is responsible for preserving your products, ensuring they are not contaminated when they reach the customer. Cosmetic packaging can also provide your products still perform their function when they get the customer.
Why Is A Private Label Manufacturer Important For Skincare Packaging?
A private-label skincare manufacturer can analyze your product's formula to determine which packaging is ideal for your products. Additionally, your private label will be able to source your product packaging with their network of industry suppliers, allowing you to get the best deal for high-quality packaging.
Why Choose Private Label Skincare?
Private label manufacturing allows you to create your products in line with your brand and vision - without training on every aspect of the product development process. Instead, you can outsource product development and formulation to a team of experts in a private-label manufacturing company.