How Private Labels Manage Cosmetic Packaging In Australia
Starting your private-label cosmetic brand can be a rewarding mental and financial process.
However, to create your cosmetics line, you must know how cosmetic packaging manufacturing works. The more you know about cosmetic packaging, the better equipped you will be to make good decisions for your product - making them more beneficial to your customers.
If you want to learn more about how private labels manage cosmetic packaging in Australia, keep reading. This guide will discuss the appropriate packaging materials, the manufacturing process, and more.
Why Does The Packaging Matter?
Before you get started with your private label manufacturer, it's essential to understand why you need to focus on the packaging.
Here are some of the reasons why your packaging matters for private-label products:
- User experience - if your cosmetic plastic bottles and aluminium tubes are too complex for customers to use and apply your product, you will be faced with negative reviews and perceptions of your brand.
- Brand image - if your packaging materials are cheap, this could affect the demand for your products. Your products need to be attractive to customers, and you can use your packaging to drive home your marketing.
- Preservation - if your products need to be kept uncontaminated or cannot be exposed to oxygen, you need packaging that will keep your products preserved. Hence, they still perform their function once they reach the customer.
- Temperature - your packaging materials can help keep your product at the optimal temperature for application.
Now that you know why packaging matters, let's discuss the primary factors that affect your packaging choices and how to choose suitable packaging with your private label manufacturer.
Choosing Your Packaging Materials
When you enlist a private label manufacturing company's services, they can help you choose suitable cosmetic packaging materials. They will be in contact with the best cosmetic packaging suppliers and will help you to get high-quality packaging.
To help you understand the packaging industry and the packaging selection process, here are some of the packaging materials to choose from and what each material is best suited for:
- Plastic bottles - plastic bottles are versatile for cosmetic packaging. However, they can be subject to wear if the product is acidic.
- Aluminium tubes - if you have a cream product, you can use them to make them more applicable for the customer. Additionally, aluminium is highly recyclable, making your brand more eco-conscious.
- Glass bottles - if you wish to keep your products cool, plastic bottles can be beneficial. Additionally, glass is highly robust and can withstand corrosion from acidic products, meaning it won't wear away over time.
- Sachets - if you need to create samples of your products or smaller-sized miniatures for free testers, you can use sachets.
- Oxygen-free dispensers - if your product activates when exposed to oxygen, you will need a packaging design that does not allow oxygen to enter the bottles when used.
Your packaging design can lengthen your product's shelf-life and can make the product more usable for customers. Your private-label manufacturer will know your product's ingredients and what is needed to make your products last for your customers.
Designing Your Packaging
Your private label manufacturing company is responsible for helping you market your products to your customers in line with your branding. This includes helping you to design packaging that reflects your brand's key selling point, mission statement, and values. Your packaging design should also give your customers an idea of the scent profile of the products.
To help you understand this part of cosmetic packaging manufacturing, here are some of the critical things to consider when coming up with your packaging concepts:
- Your logo - although it might seem obvious, your packaging needs your logo to tell customers where to go should they wish to purchase more of your products down the line.
- Colour - the colour of your packaging says much about what customers can expect. For instance, a semi-transparent brown/black stain might tell your customers that this is an earthy and natural brand. On the other hand, white packaging can suggest that your products are more clinical, with scientific backing.
- Labelling - your cosmetic packaging should have a label to display your logo, the product description, the ingredients, and the recycling information. Your private label manufacturer will know what needs to be included on the label and ways to save space to keep your packaging looking clean and minimalistic - such as using a QR code scanner to house the essential product information.
- Images - In addition to your logo, you should include images on your product's packaging to communicate the product's flavour or to suggest the product's selling point.
- Boxes - to ensure your product makes it to the customer intact, which is especially important for smaller products, your cosmetic packaging specialist will need to design packs that are cohesive with the design of the products.
Once your cosmetic packaging suppliers have developed a concept for your brand's packaging, they can send you packaging samples with your products inside. You can test how user-friendly the application is and determine whether the packaging is in line with your branding. You can also determine whether the packaging makes your products feel appealing for application.
Sometimes, your private label company will provide you with more than one packaging design sample, allowing you to choose from various selections.
Manufacturing The Packaging
Once you have chosen a concept for your skincare packaging, and the innovative design reflects your quality products, you can begin the manufacturing process. Your private label company will either have extensive experience in packaging manufacturing for an extensive range of clients, or they will be able to outsource the manufacturing process to a company with extensive experience.
How To Choose The Right Private Label For Your Cosmetic Packaging Australia?
It's essential to choose the right private label company to manufacture, design, and formulate your products - ensuring the products are conducive to business growth for your eCommerce store. Some of the best things to look for when evaluating the private label's competency for product packaging include:
- Reputation - your private label should show examples of previous work they've done for other reputable cosmetic brands and skincare companies. They should have a wide range of product packaging examples, such as boxes, jars, bottles, and tubes.
- Demonstratable growth - you need to know that the companies your private label has worked with are experiencing success and that their products sell.
- Ability to adapt - if you develop a new product for skin with unique packaging requirements, you need to know that the private label can find a solution with caps and bottles to ensure your product is suitable for customers.
- Quality control - you need consistency for the quality of your brand's products. Looking for a private-label manufacturer with skincare quality control assessments that ensure each product is up to code best.
When considering creating private-label products with an Australian cosmetic packaging manufacturer, it's essential to know the basics. This knowledge will help you to ensure your products are going to last on the shelves, appeal to customers, display your selling point, and make for easy application. Consider these points, and bear them in mind when designing your packaging.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions people often ask when considering packaging for their skincare products.
What Is Cosmetic Packaging?
Cosmetic packaging is the jar, bottle, or tube that keeps your product preserved on the shelves until it makes its way to your customer. Cosmetic packaging also needs features that allow the customer to apply the product to their skin, hair, or body quickly - without compromising the quality or hygiene of the product.
Why Is Cosmetic Packaging Important?
Cosmetic packaging is essential because you must use it to communicate your products' saelling points to your customer. Cosmetic packaging is also necessary, preventing your development from becoming contaminated or deactivated. If your packaging does not preserve your product, your customers will not be satisfied with it, and it might not perform its desired function.
Why Is Packaging Design Important?
Packaging design is crucial as it's a chance to engage customers and make your products seem more appealing. It also allows you to communicate your brand's selling point using colour and images. You can also use your branding to display the product's smell or flavour, giving your customers an idea of what to expect from your products.
What To Look For In A Private Label Manufacturer For Quality Packaging?
To ensure your private label manufacturer can design packaging that suits your branding and preserves your products, you must look for experience and innovation. You should be able to look at examples of their work for reputable brands with successful skincare lines. If there is little to no evidence of their adaptability and success for previous customers, you should steer clear of this private-label company.